Monday 2 September 2013

First transfer, new comp Elder Fahl

So Elder Robertson will have his first transfer this week.  On Thursday, he will head to Luzern, Switzerland.  Moving is always the bittersweet, despite being sad to leave the people, he sounds really happy and ready for a new challenge.

Here are his thoughts on the matter ...

Reinach has been great and seeing the push in the right direction it's been given, has been quite cool. Just to see what part you've played in the effect of motivating the members and getting them involved has been enough for me. I would have liked to establish more of a basis before leaving, but I guess I've done my part and its time to move on. It was quite touching to hear some of the members personally mention how I'd helped them personally, and that they'd been strengthened through my testimony.

Doing good health wise, always good to hear!

Healthwise i'm doing fine, I'm just trying to get packed now which will be a little tough as I seem to have colected a fair few items whilst being here. I haven't actually finished my cake off yet, it's baked but not frosted, so I'll do that today and enjoy it. I'll send you some pics of it next week.

New comp ...

I haven't visited my new area of Luzern yet, and apparently I've heard that It's one of the most beautiful parts of Switzerland. My new companion is Elder Fahl, a German, who actually served in Reinach sometime in the history of his mission. I'm looking forward to being able to improve my German, and it seems like work there is a little better than it is here; apparently there's a few individuals being taught at the minute that need to be baptised. 

Last few days in Reinach ...

I've got a few member appointments before I leave and as for my favourite highlight this week, it must have been finally meeting with this Canadian guy we contacted through a note in the mailbox. I was a bit down on having to leave after finally meeting with him, but he lives between three places in a year: Reinach, Grindelwald, and believe it or not, Luzern. Hopefully we can meet him soon enough there and I can baptise him in the lake there!!!

I'm promised lots of pics next week as he's off to visit some castles and lakes today.  Here's hoping ....

No comments:

Post a Comment