Sunday 2 June 2013

Parcel time ... Ask the missionaries!

I can't believe it's been just over six weeks since Jacob left for the MTC.  A friend of ours is just benchmarking the nine month mark and another friend will be going to collect their son next week. Where does the time go?  Jacob said in his last email that they are so busy and working hard that time is flying by.

A friend of ours, Brad, is travelling to the mission office in Munich tomorrow and is kindly taking a couple of packages for us for Jacob.

I thought I'd take some pics and share them with you.


He wanted his smaller camera sending .... and photos of the family!

I was really touched that he wanted photos of the family to show people in his mission. I put together a little photo album of family memories.


Medical stuff ...

He had taken a few basic things with him but I wanted to get him some stuff sent to tie in with his medical card arriving! =)  Matt stocked up on a recent visit to the UK.   Nothing like getting the things that you know work and can read!!

Messages in a bottle ....


One from each of us ....
He asked for a sport's bottle so he can carry water with him as he goes about fulfilling his missionary duties and service.  My sister-in-law, Lou had shared an idea with me a week or so ago about sending a 'message in a bottle' through the post.  I loved the idea, however I am unsure as to how the German post would like that.  The Germans do like their rules! haha  Sending this inside a parcel gave me the opportunity to use the idea but without causing the German postal system undue stress! =)  Thanks for sharing the idea Lou! xx


We added some of his favourite sweets and treats ...
I really should stop sending so much junk food but seeing as though I don't know how long the parcel is going to sit in the mission office - I daren't send fresh fruit and veg!! 


Happy Thomas!
Thomas couldn't resist pinching a few chocs from the box!! haha


He needed different trainers ...
To build up friendships, Jacob and his companion will be playing football on Saturdays with the youth and investigators so he wanted sports trainers.  I had managed to get everything snug into this shoe box but there was no way the trainers were going in too!  Heber suggested just wrapping them up on top of the box - which got me thinking of the saying I could tie in ... I love having it themed! 

Saying tied to the shoe lace ...
Do you get it?  Trainers won't 'fit' in the box ... I know it's good!! But often our missionaries STAND OUT too.  They are so clean cut and smart, wearing their famous missionary badges and ready to serve and share the gospel of Jesus Christ with those who are willing to hear!  They choose to leave their family and their own pursuits behind for a while such as dating, education and employment as they selflessly labour and serve their Heavenly Father to bring eternal joy to others. 

Ask the missionaries ....
Thomas decorated the wrapped parcel with a matchstick Robertson Family portrait.  This quote 'Families can be together forever ... ask the missionaries how this is possible for your family' is from a conference talk Elder Nelson gave last year, letting us know we can ask the missionaries for help in lots of different ways.  You can watch the full conference talk from Elder Nelson here.  If you do need help or have any questions you can ask the missionaries.  They will love to help you!!





No comments:

Post a Comment