Thursday 25 April 2013

First Email and Siswick Family package delivery!!

Yesterday I received my first email from Elder Robertson.  It was like water to the thirst quenched!! He is happy!! I knew he would be .... but always nice to hear/read it.

I've been ill, quite sick, REALLY sick.  I've been grateful that he's been in the MTC and being looked after physically and spiritually and I could just worry about me.  How selfish!! However, yesterday I started to feel better and to hear from him was just the icing on the cake! I checked my email after a long nap (did I tell you I'd been ill?) and there it was ... sent just minutes before.  It is only a short email, but I loved every bit of it.

He has two MTC companions.  One of them is definitely German and I believe we met him at the airport last week.  He says his companions are fantastic to work with.  He shares that the Spirit is helping him with so much more than he can comprehend.  I am so blessed!!

He tells Thomas to share the gum when he finds it ... a little follow up from my post yesterday. =)

He enjoyed the cookies sent from my friend Carol and wanted me to thank her.

Yesterday, later in the afternoon, I received a phone call from one of our dearest friends in the UK, David Siswick. He'd been on the same temple session as Jacob in the morning and had a lovely chat with him.  He said he was impressed by some things Jacob had shared with him.  He seemed just as proud of him as I am.  He also left him with some cards and treats that Tracy and the 'kids' had prepared for him earlier in the week.  Maddison even threw in a Christmas card! She cracks me up!! How wonderful!!

This week I am so grateful for friends and their service to my son.  Although they have served him they really are a huge blessing to me also.  I can feel in only a very small way how our Heavenly Father feels when we serve one another and become His hands. I am very grateful.

I love this Danish Proverb.

"Who takes a child by the hand, takes the mother by the heart!"

Mosiah 2:17 also jumps to mind.  I have felt the love of Heavenly Father as those friends have served Jacob and in turn me.  They were/are in the service of their God!




No comments:

Post a Comment